So now with everything repaired/modified, and connected up, I was ready to test this thing. I solicited the help of a couple of my buddies to give it a try. I called Dan-KF4MND on the phone and I met Ralph-W4REQ on an available 80 meter frequency. Once I had them ready to go, I threw the "On" switch on the controller. Dan and Ralph were both able to communicate as I provided the keying of the radio when Dan spoke. My first test was a success.
A day later I decided to give it a try again so that I could have a chance to adjust recieve and transmit audio levels and to test the whole thing using VOX instead of having to manual key the radio for the telephone attached party. This time I solicited the help of a couple of other friends. This time I got Will-KJ4PSU on the phone and Kevin-KW4B on the radio. Once I had them both connected I threw the phone patch inline and they were able to speak to each other with me providing the manual keying once again. Once that test was completed, I turn the VOX on the radio to see if that would work. Not quite. When in VOX the radio is staying constantly keyed so I still need to troubleshoot that. No problem. That's half the fun.